Stage 2 of Getting Your Motorbike Licence
Is this course for you?
If you currently have your motorcycle learners licence (RE L) and are wanting to upgrade to your restricted licence (RE O), this course is for you.
- To be eligible for this course you are required to have held your motorbike learners licence for 3 months, unless you obtained your learners prior to October 1st 2016, in which case you are eligible to book this course at anytime
- This course is suitable for riders who have some on-road riding experience and can confidently ride a bike.
What to expect:
The course is a mix between off-road and on-road activities.
Individualised feedback is provided and our friendly and our professional instructor’s will continue to correct and develop your riding technique during the course.
The Restricted licence course is a competency based training and assessment program designed to help learner riders further develop their riding knowledge.
- Figure 8’s – turn at a low speed with control
- Slow Ride – control the bike at a slow walking pace
- Slalom – weave around obstacles
- Controlled stop – bring the bike to a smooth stop whilst downshifting
- Swerve – similar to slalom, however faster
- Emergency stop – stop quickly and smoothly with total control
You will complete a simulated road ride prior to a 2 hour road ride where the aim is to develop your riding skills and ensure you have the skills and knowledge to respond to potential hazards.
Please note that you have 30 days to complete your QRide assessment once you start it.
Once you complete the course:
Once you have successfully completed the course and are deemed competent your competency declaration will be processed online and you will be able to apply for your Restricted (RE O) licence online or, you can apply in person at the Department of Transport.
You are required to hold you restricted licence for a minimum of 2 years before you are eligible to upgrade to your unrestricted (R) licence.
- $220 on weekdays, $249 on weekends
- motorcycle hire available – $50