The Last Stage To Get Your Open Class Motorbike Licence
Is this course for you?
- If you currently have your restricted motorbike licence (RE O) and are wanting to upgrade to your open motorbike licence (R), this course is for you.
- To be eligible for this course you are required to have held your Restricted (RE O) licence for 2 years, unless you obtained your RE O licence prior to October 1st 2016, in which case you are required to have held it for 1 year
- This course is suitable for riders who have significant on-road riding experience and can confidently ride a bike
What to expect:
- A competency based training and assessment course designed to reinforce and further develop your riding knowledge, cognitive skills and risk management strategies.
- Our professional instructor’s will correct and develop your riding technique throughout the course.
You will complete a simulated road ride where you will need to demonstrate a range of skills and habits:
- Roundabouts – turn at a low speed with control
- Slow Ride – control the bike at a slow walking pace
- Swerve – avoid an obstacle in a corner
- Stop to a point – stop quickly and smoothly with full control
You will complete a 2.5 hour road ride where you will show that you are competent in the aspects of managing routine and more complex riding situations on a more powerful motorcycle, to reinforce appropriate riding attitudes and to minimise the likelihood of harm due to inappropriate riding skills, behaviours or risk management.
Once you complete the course:
Once you have successfully completed the course and are deemed competent your competency declaration will be processed online and you will be able to apply for your Unrestricted (R) licence online or, you can apply in person at the Department of Transport.
- $189 on weekdays & $199 on weekends
- motorcycle hire available